Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Monday, July 24, 2006

L.A. is HOT!!!!

No, I am not quoting Paris Hilton.

It is REALLY HOT here in Los Angeles. Woodland Hills, deep in the San Fernando Valley, was 119 degrees on Saturday. I went out Saturday night and when my friend picked me up here in Pasadena, the car thermometer read 107 degrees. At 6 o'clock in the evening. Later, at midnight in Beverly Hills, the thermometer read 92 degrees. There is supposed to be some kind of energy crisis going on....whole sections of the city don't have any power.

I wanted to call in sick today (I had a very active weekend and I was TIRED), but then I thought about it and realized if I stayed home, I'd sweat to death. I'd rather put in a full day's work in air-conditioned comfort than loll around at home in 100+ degree temperature. I have air conditioning, but feel guilty using it, since I don't pay for my utilities.

So there you go......Los Angeles is in the midst of a heat wave......finally, some weather.....after this comes the fire season, and now that I'm living in the foothills, I am going to be very alert to the potential danger. After fire season comes torrential rains (or not) and landslides.....then we have kind of cold weather for about 2 days, and then it's hot weather again.....and always, always, the threat of an earthquake......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home