Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Friday, June 02, 2006

This and That


This photo was taken on their father's birthday. It will probably be the last photo where they are all in the same city for at least 2.5 years. K is joining the Peace Corps!

I like having adult children. They give me all of their hand-me-downs. K and S gave me their digital cameras and S gave me his old ipod. S, in particular, likes to upgrade, and I am usually the beneficiary. I now have three digital cameras, countless computers, a laptop (for which I can't find the cord), an ipod, tons of books, and ALL of their old clothes and junk.

K is leaving soon for the Peace Corps. I am going to miss that sweet child. I love her so much.

I was asked to give a "survivor testimonial" at the Festival of Life here in L.A. I haven't given a speech since my valedictorian speech in junior high. I showed the director a draft of my talk, and fortunately, she likes it.

I guess I'll drag myself to the gym this morning. I am weird, I like to go at around 4 a.m.....any later, and it is too late....even 5 a.m. is too late for me.....I haven't worked out in a couple of months, and it shows. I've gained a little weight, but I look a lot bigger because I look bulkier and softer. I hate it......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home