Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I Have a New Addiction

I love cable TV. That is all I did this past weekend: I lay in bed and watched cable TV. My favorite channel is HGTV, but I also watched a marathon showing of Filthy Rich: Cattle Drive, at least 6 episodes. Boy, and I thought my kids were brats. Those rich kids are sooooo incredibly bratty. Well, not all of them. Just maybe 4 of them. And the funny thing is, I kind of know one of the kids (the late Anthony Quinn's son, Alex) and my daughter knows Lou Ferrigno's (the Hulk) kid. On the show, Alex was incredibly disgusting, almost gigolo-like, as he tried to hook up with the rich girls. He admitted he was not rich, that he was born out of wedlock, and while he was growing up his father lived with his other family in Italy. But to see him try to worm his way into the girls' affection, after asking them how much their monthly allowance was, was too too much. Disgusting. And he was married (but kind of separated), too. And Shanna, Lou Ferrigno's kid, seemed very nice....just a little bossy, but hey, someone's got to be a leader when surrounded by all these lazy, have-someone-else-do-it-for-them children.

Since this is supposedly a knitting blog, I will refrain from commenting on other people's badly-behaved children (especially when I have my own three kids!), but I do want to say this: Terry Semel! Cut your daughter's allowance and tell her to get a job! I mean, really. She and Fabian were the most spoiled, brattiest kids I have ever seen, aside from Paris Hilton. Such feelings of entitlement.

Anyway, I had to tear myself from the television (meanwhile, boxes remain unpacked in my living room!) so I could go to my niece's bridal shower. Had a great time. And that is what I did this past weekend.

I love my new place...I love everything about Pasadena. It has a kind of small-town feel with a cosmopolitan vibe. I am so over Santa Monica and the Westside, Studio City and Sherman Oaks. I can't wait until my friends start coming to visit me and we can start hanging out in Old Town Pasadena! There's a shopping center 2 miles away from my new place that has everything I need--stores, restaurants, mailbox, everything! There's even an El Torito that has a decent happy hour menu! Yippee! I love you, Pasadena!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home