Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Moment of Pleasure Leads to a Lifetime of Regret

At least, that was what my then future-sister-in-law told me, perhaps as a warning that I should not engage in pre-marital sex (well, I was ONLY 20 years old when I married!). Geez....even if I did marry her brother......

Now, today, this very minute, I realize the truth of that statement. My few moments of pleasure stuffing my face with fried chicken and lasagna yesterday and a whole bag of popcorn last night have yielded to true regret: I have gained 2 pounds. And I HATE IT!!!

Now tell me, was the fried chicken worth messing up 3 weeks of steady weight loss? NO! I hopped right back on the diet bandwagon today and have been good so far. AND I even woke up at 3:30 this morning to exercise. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 25 on the recumbent bike. Then I did lots and lots of back exercises (4 machines, 3 sets each, 15 - 20 reps per set, 30 - 60 pounds). And then I did 300 crunches on 2 machines. That's total, not each.

I was so depressed last night from being such a piglet over the food that I didn't even think about my knitting. I'll knit tonight! I promise! At least the back and the sleeves! After all, how hard can it be? It's just a baby sweater. I think I timed it once and I knit the whole sweater in about an hour and a half. Since this particular sweater is going to be a gift, I will probably take more care and not just crank it out. I want it to look good, especially if people are going to know that it was made by me! So, I estimate 2 knitting nights and 1 afternoon of putting it all together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home