Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Knit a Blouse to Match a Necklace?

Why not? I went to a street fair in Alhambra last weekend (oh, how I love that East L.A sound!) and bought two absolutely gorgeous necklaces.








I could wear the brown one with my brown suit (the one I plan one wearing to my niece's wedding parties in late October). And it goes with my $20 skirt from the Alley.



The other necklace--which stopped people in their tracks as I put it on. They were waiting for me to take it off so they could grab it for themselves! I didn't take it off!--has several shades of pink beads and pearls plus some grayish stones and is absolutely gorgeous. I was planning on knitting a pale pink rayon + mohair dress ensemble for me to wear to Carla's wedding. I thought I'd wear the necklace to go with that.



Then, I saw Sonja's (fusionknitting.com) v-neck tank and now that's what I want to make. I could make two blouse sweaters with all the rayon I have. One v-neck tank to wear under my suits and another round-neck tank mixed with baby mohair to go with my wedding ensemble. I was planning to make another skirt and a three-quarter length long-sleeve jacket with the rayon and mohair, if I have enough baby mohair. Hmmmm.....I have to think about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home