Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Monday, October 08, 2007

My First Sock





Ta Daaaaa!!!!! It only took 2 1/2 weeks to make! Actually, the learning curve was 2 1/2 weeks since I got the machine (it's still a very steep curve, though!); the 1 sock took about 4 1/2 hours to make....very frustrating..... Haven't mastered the ribber yet, so used a hem top. There are lots and lots of holes in the sock, the hem is loose, and I didn't bother to kitchner (sp?) the toes, since I know I'm not going to give them to anybody. BUT, I made a sock!!! Woo hoo!!! Now I only need to make 149 1/2 more of these to break even on my circular sock machine!!!!

This weekend was very busy, in terms of knitting. Besides the sock above, I made a sock bonnet for my machine (it makes it easier for me to start my socks off right), knit 3 little girl sweaters and part of a little boy sweater, and did the swatches for the cocktail dress I am planning on knitting and wearing to Celeste's wedding. I am desperately looking for my calcuknit knitting calculator so that I can chart my dress, but I cannot seem to find it! I have also been looking on the knitting lists for a reasonably-priced calcuknit, but so far, no luck.

And lastly, I am in....Ravelry!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

Pics of the sweaters (actually, parts of sweaters) and my sock machine to be posted tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home