Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

CRUNCH TIME!

Okay, it is crunch time. I have finished the skirt (well, almost: I need to put the two pieces together), and have done all the pieces for the jacket, including the sleeves. All I need to do now is to put the edging on the jacket and do the bands for the shell. And sew it all together! It is 9 p.m. and I am still here at work because I have a lot of paperwork to get through before I leave for Boston at 5 a.m. Friday morning. Why oh why do I procrastinate so???

I decided to unravel the sleeves of the jacket and just redo them. It was so easy! (Newbie here!). And it looks so nice! Except for one sleeve, because I re-used the yarn I had unravelled and and so that sleeve has a kind of wrinkley look. Hopefully, it is nothing that a lot of steam can't undo!

I had wanted to knit an apple-green cardigan to match a shell I had made a couple of years ago, but I just didn't have the time.

I am really getting into knitting on the standard bed. So much more practical than shawls. I want to knit lots of stuff to show off here!

Got to go.....I've finished backing up my hard drive and am going home to KNIT!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger knutty4knitting said…

    Thanks, Sonja! I did your edging on the bottom edge and one cuff last night and it is soooo pretty! And very very easy! It went a lot faster than the worm trim. Thanks again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home