Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Bleary-Eyed But Happy

It is 4:30 in the morning and I have been up for 3 and a half hours FRINGING, taking pictures of my shawls, and trying to download picasa into my laptop. I also took inventory of the stuff I'm going to sell at the Spring Boutique tomorrow. I don't have a lot, but even if I sell half of what I've made, I will be able to pay off my considerable yarn bill. Also, if people want to special order a shawl with a certain yarn, then I certainly can do that! NOW I'm starting to get excited about the boutique. I should have gotten excited 2 weeks ago so I could have cranked out more shawls. I forgot that this weeked if Mother's Day and that people might want to buy presents for their mother. Well, my friend was right: fringing does open up the shawl and adds something to the whole look. Okay. I'm sold. And fringing wasn't as bad as I thought; I didn't want to make a lot of fringes so I didn't position them too close together. Smart, huh? When I come home tonight after work, I will take a nap and then do whatever finishing needs to be done, including fringing 2 more shawls.








A better view Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home