Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Cleaning Day at the Office

Here I am in my messy office. Posted by Hello I came in today--Sunday--to clean it up. It's 4:30 p.m. and I still haven't started.


Okay, it is 7:30 now and I've gone through my desk a few stacks on my desk, but to go through them, I had to create a new stack on the other side of my desk. Why did I do that? I want to get home in time for Desperate Housewives. Maybe I'll just bring the new stack home and put it in file folders while I am watching Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. Thank God, too, for laptops. I'll do some of my computer work at home.


Why the crunch? Because I am taking tomorrow off to hang out with a friend. And I want to surprise my boss, who was gone for two days last week, with a clean office.


Don't have time to knit. Don't really care. My sister-in-law called to ask how my shawls were coming along. Well, they aren't! I am just too busy to work on the shawls. I did make two shawls this weekend, though. And anyway, I'm not into shawls anymore. I'm more into my brown suit, which I will not be able to touch until after this spring boutique is over. I was looking at the pieces of the suit this morning and boy, is it long! The skirt and the jacket almost hit my ankles. I forgot I was in the planning stages of this suit during winter....and before my bad ankle and knee doomed me to wearing ugly orthopedic mary janes. I had planned to buy some cute brown boots to wear with the suit. I think I will make a shorter skirt and keep the long trailing jacket. I don't know what kind of shoes I should get for this suit, though. This would look great: http://www.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=43508&CategoryID=336. but my orthopedists and physical therapists would kill me!

I guess I am doomed to get a brown version of one of these ugly shoes: http://www.dansko.com/Our_Products/Collections/Golden%20Gate.aspx?PageID=ALL. I promised them all that I would do everything they said to get my knee better. But wait....this is my daughter's college graduation! I can suffer for one day! I'll wear my ugly orthopaedic shoes on the subway, and when I'm sitting down at the graduation, I'll slide my pretty high heels out of my huge bag and put them on. I'll truly be "sitting pretty"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home