Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I'm Back!

Well, I am back. Back to work and back to knitting. I have been in a blue funk this month and had pretty much not done any work or knitting. But, it is a new month and I am determined to move forward and catch up with all the things I need to do. (It helps when your boss has a little "talk" with you!).

Anyway, Day 2 at Newtons was wonderful. Believe it or not, I won three more prizes, but I donated one back to be raffled off because I had won a similar prize the day before. I also cashed in my $75 gift certificate and bought lots and lots of wool yarn in basic colors to knit and felt for my May boutique. I was inspired by the hands-on felting class held in the morning. I wore my little cell phone/ipod holder to work for a week afterwards to show it off! Everyone LOVED it! It was nice seeing all my old knitting friends at the seminar.

Although I did not make my deadline to knit all the stuff I wanted/needed to knit, I did do SOME knitting. I made a green shawl (I may have talked about it earlier) that now needs to be blocked and fringed, a red shawl that I need to rip out and do over, and a purplish shawl that I've ripped out and will re-knit. I also knit 6 ultra-lash scarves as party favors for my friend's daughter's birthday party at Knott's Berry Farm. I just used whatever colors I had: three different purple scarves, two all gold, and a purple and gold L.A. Laker's scarf for the birthday girl. Also, I knit a long fairisle scarf and hat set in dark blue and light blue for my godson. Gee, this sounds like a lot of knitting, but really, all the knitting I've talked about here is only 1 day and 2 evenings' worth of knitting. Quick and easy. I LOVE machine knitting!

I want to finish my brown suit. I couldn't wear it for the wedding in January, but my birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I would like to have SOMETHING NEW to wear. I just need to finish the sleeves, hem the skirt and do crochet finishes all around.

I bought a couple of knitting books: Rhigetti's Knitting in Plain English and Sweater Design in Plain English. I've been reading the Sweater Design book because I want to learn how to design my own sweaters and also how to chart them. They are both good books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home