Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Birthday Blues (only very tangentially about knitting)

My birthday party was great: the food was great, the service was great, my friends are great. So why am I so blue??????

I sold the blue green variegated shawl to my friend, but only for half of my cost. What kind of a business person am I, anyway? I couldn't help it....Liz is one of my very bestest friends.......I made another one (again, to give away as a gift), but just when I was about to finish, I ran out of yarn. I sent an emergency e-mail to the yarn lady, but I think she is out of town. My spring boutique is only a few weeks away, but I hardly have anything to show for it since I keep giving my shawls away. What am I going to do?

I am so stressed out about work. I have mentally checked out (AGAIN), and right now all I am doing is playing catch-up. I had 37 voice mails (some quite angry!) and lots and lots of e-mails to go through. It took me 2.5 days to go through just that. Now I have to start looking at my calendars and working on those for the next few months.

At least I am staying on my diet, kind of. After 7 weeks on weight watchers, I ended up 3 pounds heavier than when I started. Which is not the result I had in mind (in my defense, I was depressed and it was MY BIRTHDAY month!!!!). Anyway, just so that I would take the diet thing more seriously, I signed up for 10 pre-pay meetings. I think I might be able to lose at least 1 pound this week. I hope so, anyway. Sigh.

I am looking at digital cameras, but I am trying to be careful budget-wise this month and next because I have to buy a plane ticket to Boston for my younger daughter's college graduation (she's graduating at least magna cum laude, and if she gets all A's this semester, then it will be summa cum laude. I have brilliant progeny! Woo-hoo!!!!), pay my hotel for three nights, and put aside enough money for the 2 sumptuous dinners that my little girl has planned for those evenings. Thank goodness my ex is paying for the rental car. I wish he would pay for my hotel room, too. And my plane ticket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home