Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ta Daaaaa!!!!!!!! My First PAIR of Socks

Here it is......Allow me to present to you my first PAIR of socks.....






I made these on Sunday, November 4th, but just kitchnered (if you can call it that! ) the toes this morning before I went to work. They are slightly smaller than a size 8 (I'm a size 8), but oh well. I used Karen in the Wood's pattern for hem top socks.
And YES, I know that the stripes don't match.....that's because I added a few more rows to one of the socks.......the yarn is Lion Brand Magic Stripes....It took 4 hours to make this pair....it took 4 1/2 hours to make the other sock that is on Ravelry. that's right. SOCK. NOT pair. Just 1 sock. And it took HOURS to kitchner the toes because I was too lazy to look up how to do it correctly.......that's why the graft looks more like a seam.....and a botched up seam at that.....I wore them to work today and showed them off to my co-workers....that's why I'm wearing jeans.....some were very impressed and some were completely underwhelmed.....I love my new socks.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home