Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Been Out of Sorts, But I Found the Brown Suit

Since we last talked, a lot has happened. I lost my unfinished brown suit when I was running around town trying to get errands done before I left for my daughter's graduation in Boston. Problem was, I discovered it at 6:45 p.m. the evening before I got on a plane at 5 a.m. The stores/businesses I had gone to were closed. I was not able to retrieve the suit before I left. I cried and cried all night because I really wanted to wear the suit to K's graduation! I was really upset.

My friend looked up all the stores' numbers and I was able to locate my suit Friday morning when I was stuck in Milwaukee. The owner of the shoe repair shop assured me he would hold it until I returned to Los Angeles.

Here's a picture of the suit (which, by the way is still unfinished):



It is cute, but it is now summer and it is already becoming very hot (90s today in the San Fernando Valley). I won't get a chance to wear the suit before October, so what is the rush to finish? Anyway, my youngest isn't graduating from college until 2007. Hopefully I will finish it by then!

Another reason I haven't blogged is because I've had a very very busy 3 weeks at work. Job evaluations are being conducted and I want to look like I'm productive! Also, I went into shell shock and a bit of a depression when one of the hospitals in our network fired us. Not because of anything we did, but because the pushy doctor I had talked about in an earlier blog wanted to run his own show and do the programs in-house instead of paying us to do the job. Thank God my boss understood it wasn't my fault....but it sure looked kind of bleak for me for awhile, coming as it did so close to the time when the powers that be discuss RAISES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home