Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Monday, July 11, 2005

I Made Something!

Hello again--I haven't blogged because 1) I've been kind of busy at work, 2) haven't knit much, and 3) I don't have much to say about knitting. BUT....over the last week and a half, I have been on a knitting tear, knitting a little bit at a time. Here is the proof:





I knit a green cardigan to go with the green shell I knit a couple of years ago. Also, I pulled out some of my unfinished sweaters and put them aside for finishing. These include a red v-neck, a black v-neck, and a rust-colored cowl neck sweater. They all need either crochet finishing, strings cut off, a matching cardigan, or all of the above!

My favorite yarn for items for me to wear is venetian, a 70% wool 30% rayon blend. I like it because it is light enough to wear year round (except in the extreme heat we are now experiencing in Los Angeles), yet warm enough to wear in our mild California winters. Also, I don't have to iron it....usually a light steam will make my outfits ready to go in minutes! And the most important thing about this yarn: It was on sale at Newtons a few years ago for $9 a pound! Yes, that is right, $9 A POUND!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home