Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

I made something other than socks!

I'm so excited! I knit two scarves this morning! One for my daughter with trendsetter yarn that was really expensive, and one for my brother with black wool/silk zephyr yarn I bought from Sarah's Yarns. It's a bigger deal than it sounds, because I had to put together my brother 260 ribber without an instruction manual. Anyway, it all turned out great and A was very happy with her rainbow scarf and so was my brother. I will ask her to take a photo and send it to me so I can post it.

What a difference a working computer makes! I had such problems with my Studio 155 bulky and I am soooooo glad I was able to trade it in, though at a serious loss. The Brother 260 and the ribber worked together so well....I am now thinking about putting up the ribber on my standard gauge, as well.

Right now I have three machines set up: the bulky with ribber, the standard gauge, and my sock machine. While I was knitting A's scarf, I had all these fantasies about buying a fine-gauge machine to complete my collection. If I had that one machine, I would be so happy. The only other thing I would really like is an electric cone-winder. And maybe another room to store all the yarn I would like to buy.

I am so burned out from work and school. The semester starts this week, I think, and I really don't feel like going back to school. It was so difficult to get over being sick and still work on the papers that I turned in soooo late. All I want to do is nest in my tiny place surrounded by all my machines and yarn and knit, knit, knit all day long. I wish our holiday break could have been longer.....a month would have been nice....three months would be even nicer......

I spent all day yesterday looking at my knitting magazines trying to find a pattern to knit for a dress I would like to wear to a friend's daughter's debutante ball in early February. I am thinking of knitting something with either a very low V-neck with a fitted waist, or a ballerina-type neckline with long sleeves. When I find the pattern, I will post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home