Knutty4Knitting

Musings on machine knitting, the art of knitting, and the mechanics of knitting. Maybe once in awhile I'll talk about my kids, but I'll warn you first, so that you can skip that part.

Monday, January 28, 2008

No Photos Again! and other rambling confessional thoughts.....

Sorry, but I keep forgetting to take photos to post on here. I'll try to remember to do it this weekend, but no promises!

My son and my ex-husband are back and they are staying with me in my tiny little place. The good news is, my ex was so appalled at my living conditions that he totally cleaned up the place.....he even cleaned out the refrigerator and straightened up my bedroom!!!! The bad news is, now that he's fixed my place to his liking, it looks like he's going to stay awhile.....and so is my son....

About my son.....that old saying that distance makes the heart grow fonder must be true, because when he was in the Philippines or when he was at Carnegie Mellon for college, I really missed him. But right now I can't stand him because he's a disrespectful brat.....and I can't wait for him to go back to the Philippines and come back to Los Angeles only when he has grown up and out of the terrible 22's.
I mean it, he really is a brat.....why else would I be at my office at 11:52 on a Monday night.......

I've knit a lot of socks and scarves since I last posted...sorry, I keep forgetting to take pictures.....and last night I finally started on my dress for the debutante's ball. I knit the back, and when I was finished, I held it up to me and wouldn't you know it, but it is too small! I need to add some ease to the pattern. So that means back to the drawing board! I am going to try to do the calculations if I go on jury duty sometime this week....otherwise, I'll try to do it Friday night so I can knit it on Sunday.

I am using Designer 727 yarn (black, of course!) and my Brother 864 standard gauge machine. It took a LONG while for me to get used to knitting garments again! My yarn kept skipping needles until I figured that I needed to put weights on. AFter I did that, then it was smooth sailing all the wwhat it is SUPPOSED to look like versus what it will end up looking like. I have aay. Also, I took the pattern from an old vintage Knitking magazine--I think it was in the 1970's, which could explain the difference in size!!!!!--but unfortunately, I can't find the magazine so I could just scan the photo and post it here so you could see xerox copy of the pattern, but that won't help you in visualizing the dress.

I joined a new gym in Pasadena and have started taking kickboxing classes. They are great....so difficult yet I get a great cardio and strength training workout. I am going to try to go to 4 - 5 classes a week at 5:30 every day. I can't go on Wednesdays because I have class.

Speaking of class, I am getting pretty nervous about starting my dissertation. The stats and research methods teacher is, I have heard, pretty tough. I don't want to do it anymore!!!!!!! I'm scared!!!! and just plain lazy!!!!! I don't want to read boring articles and books and try to come up with an original idea about leadership, higher education, and globalization! Why? Because I really really don't care about any of that stuff!!!!!! I don't want to go to China in May!!! There's too much pollution there!!!! I saw it in the New York Times!!!!! I don't want to go the the Philippines in May either because all the women there are skinny and I feel like a bull in a china shop when I'm there!!!! Even when I was a size 6 and 8, my American shoulders and hips were broader than theirs!!!! Not fair because I'm Filipino, too, and it's not my fault that the quality of food is better in America and so I'm just....well, BIGGER......height wise and width wise and weight wise than everyone else over there!!!!!!! waaaaasaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Well, okay, while I'm on this rant, I wish I could talk about other things, like my new/old crush, but this is a knitting blog and I'm supposed to stick to knitting stuff......waaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.......

I know! I will open another blog for my deepest darkest secrets....hehehe......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home